We are looking for a Scientific Software Engineer to join our team to build a national research data infrastructure for chemistry in Germany (NFDI4Chem). NFDI4Chem will be a distributed infrastructure project with more than 40 FTE from IT and science and operates in the wider context of the NFDI in collaboration with eventually 29 further consortia from all areas of science.
The software engineer (m/f/d) will work as part of the consortium coordinator’s team on all aspects of RDM infrastructure developments and in close collaboration with the large distributed as well as the local team. The place of employment is the Friedrich Schiller University of Jena. Due to the geographical distribution of the project partners, business trips are to be expected. A detailed project description can be found at https://doi.org/10.3897/rio.6.e55852.
- Working in a distributed team on all aspects of RDM infrastructure developments.
- Independently research, design and implement innovative RDM systems.
- Document the developed infrastructure
- Assist the project leader in IT administration and maintenance.
- Full-stack software developer.
- Understand scientific data and meta-data management.
- Agile thinking and working and taking responsibility.
- Ideally, experience in handling structured and unstructured data from different sources.
- Enthusiasm and interest in new methods and technologies as well as in data science.
Please send your application exclusively by email (Attachments exclusively as PDF) to
Prof. Dr. Christoph Steinbeck