The Technische Universität Braunschweig is looking for its University Library for a Scientific Software Engineer (m/f/d), salary grade E13 TV-L, full-time, limited to 2,5 years, starting as soon as possible
The Technische Universität Braunschweig, with 18,500 students and about 3,700 employees, offers a teaching and research spectrum with outstanding facilities and at the same time a personal atmosphere.
The University Library is the central infrastructural institution of the University. It operates the Specialised (SIS) Information Service Pharmacy in close cooperation with the Institute for Information Systems of the TU Braunschweig offering services for publicly-funded pharmaceutical research, especially the platform PubPharm (www.pubpharm.de). As part of the National Research Data Infrastructure for Chemistry NFDI4Chem (nfdi4chem.de), SIS Pharmacy develops research data management infrastructure for researchers in pharmacy and chemistry. Within this framework, it is developing an Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) for researchers in pharmacy together with Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.
Aims and tasks:
- Requirement analysis for the pharmaceutical scientific community
- Software development for the Electronic Lab Notebook Chemotion (github.com/ComPlat/chemotion_ELN)
- Source Code management (using e.g. GitLab and GitHub), bug fixing, documentation
- Integration of pharmacy-specific services into the ELN
- Participation in collaborative open source development communities
- Master / diploma degree in computer sciences, information science, business information systems or
- Master / diploma degree in similar subjects with proven, ready-to-use IT skills, in particular software development skills
- Several years of experience in software development and modern software engineering methodologies, esp. agile methods, are required
- Structured, conceptual and strategic way of thinking and working in a goal-oriented way, both self-reliant and team focused
- Very good knowledge of English (CEFR level B2 or higher), basic knowledge of German (CEFR level B1 or higher)
- a responsible position with creative freedom in a science-related service in an institution with an innovative corporate culture
- individual solutions for a good compatibility of work and family life in a certified family-friendly workplace (e.g. remote work arrangements, teleworking)
- a pleasant working atmosphere and extensive opportunities for continuing education and personal development
- an inspiring environment at a university known for outstanding research and teaching and also offering a wide range of cultural and sporting activities
- a rich campus life and international atmosphere
The remuneration is paid depending on the assignment of tasks and fulfillment of the personal requirements up to the fee group EG 13 TV-L. The job is generally suitable for part-time work but should be 100 percent occupied.
For more information call Robert Strötgen +49 531 391 5012 or send an email to r.stroetgen(at)tu-braunschweig.de.
In all areas and positions, TU Braunschweig aims to reduce an under-representation in the context of the Equal Rights Act of Lower Saxony (Niedersächsisches Gleichberechtigungsgesetz, NGG). Therefore, applications from women are particularly welcome. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude are given preferential consideration. Proof must be attached. Applications from people of all nationalities are welcome.
Personal data will be stored for the purpose of the application procedure.
Reimbursement of application costs is not possible. Please understand that applications that have not been considered can only be returned against a self-addressed and sufficiently stamped envelope.
Please send your meaningful application documents preferably via email until August 31, 2021 to
Technische Universität Braunschweig or E-Mail: email@example.com
– 12.34-16/21 –
(Postfach 33 29, 38023 Braunschweig)